Volunteering is a great way to meet people in your community, practice speaking English and use your skills to help others. You decide when and how often you can help. Below are some of the many ways you can lend a hand in Framingham. If you don’t live in or near Framingham, there will likely be similar organizations in your own community that can use your help.
Callahan Senior Center
535 Union Avenue
- You can help seniors in the community in the following ways:
- Food Shopping Assistance – shop for grocery and other household items
- Friendly Visiting – visit elder seniors periodically providing friendly contact
- Medical Appointment Escort Transport – drive elder seniors to appointments
- Seasonal assistance with yard clean-ups for seniors (Spring and Fall)
- Telephone Reassurance – briefly call elder seniors daily to inquire of well being
- Transportation Assistance – drive older residents to appointments with your own vehicle
- Contact: Sam Swisher at 508-532- 5980, extension 4113
or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- They are on a mission to end hunger in Framingham. Volunteers prepare and deliver 2000+ meals each month to neighborhoods around Framingham.
- Pearl Street Cupboard & Café at Park serves thousands of people each month with groceries, meals, and other local assistance programs and services. They rely on contributions and volunteers to do their work.
— Thanks to Carrie for this article —