Fall ESL Classes at FAESL – New Student Lottery Information

Framingham Adult ESL will have a limited number of spaces for morning and evening classes for the Fall 2017 semester.

• If you are interested in taking a MORNING English class at Framingham Adult ESL you must come in person to
    St. Tarcisius School (BRACE building)
    560 Waverly Street, Framingham
    Thursday, August 17th, 8:30 – 10:00 AM
  • If you are interested in taking an EVENING English class at Framingham Adult ESL you must come in person to
    Fuller Middle School Cafeteria
    31 Flagg Drive, Framingham
    Thursday, August 17th, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
  1. Come on August 17th to submit an entry form (with your name, address, etc).  Everyone who submits a form will have their name included in the lottery.
  2. The lottery will be on Wednesday, August 23rd.  Don’t come to the school on Aug 23rd.  You can watch the lottery online (live-streamed) on your phone, tablet, or computer.
  3. If you are one of the winners of the lottery, you will be asked to come back on a different day for testing.

Information about this lottery is also available in Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, and French

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

• If I want to participate in the English class lottery, do I have to come to the school?
    YES – You must come to the school on Thursday August 17th to submit an entry form.  BUT, this should not take too long because there will be no lottery or testing on that day.
  • Will there be 2 separate lotteries?
    YES – If you come in the morning of Aug 17th (to St. Tarcisius), your name will be part of the lottery for MORNING classes.  If you come in the evening of Aug 17th (to Fuller School), your name will be part of the lottery for EVENING classes.
  • On August 17th do I need to arrive at the school before 6:30PM (or before 8:30 AM for morning classes)?
    NO – You can come any time between 6:30 and 8:30PM (or between 8:30 and 10:00AM for morning classes).  ALL the names collected during that time will have an equal chance in the lottery.
  • Do I need to watch the live-streamed lottery on August 23rd?
    NO – When you come to the school on August 17th, you will submit an entry form with information (phone, email) on how to contact you.  If your name is selected in the lottery, the school will contact you.
  • If my name is selected in the lottery, what happens next?
    You will be asked to come to the school for testing.  Then you will be assigned to either a regular English class (6 hours each week) or a volunteer-led, once-a-week prep class (2 hours).  If you are placed in a prep class, you are automatically on a priority list for a regular class, and do not need to participate in any more lotteries.
  • When are the classes?
    Regular morning classes are on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 8:45 to 10:45.
    Regular evening classes are on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 9:30.
    Prep classes are on one of those mornings, or evenings, each week.
  • I can’t come on August 17th.  Can I come on the 16th (or some other day)?
    NO – Unfortunately, the only day you can come to submit your name for the lottery is on August 17th.

2 thoughts on “Fall ESL Classes at FAESL – New Student Lottery Information