Framingham Adult ESL will have a limited number of spaces for morning and evening classes for the Spring 2018 semester that begins in February.
- If you are interested in taking a MORNING English class at Framingham Adult ESL you must come in person to
St. Tarcisius School (BRACE building)
560 Waverly Street, Framingham
Thursday, January 18th, 8:45 – 10:00 AM
- If you are interested in taking an EVENING English class at Framingham Adult ESL you must come in person to
Fuller Middle School Cafeteria
31 Flagg Drive, Framingham
Thursday, January 18th, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- Come on January 18th to complete an entry form (with your name, address, etc). Everyone who completes a form will have their name included in the lottery.
- The lottery will be on Tuesday, January 23rd. Don’t come to the school on Jan 23rd. You can watch the lottery online (live-streamed) on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- If you are one of the winners of the lottery, you will be asked to come back on a different day for testing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- If I want to participate in the English class lottery, do I have to come to the school?
YES – You must come to the school on Thursday January 18th to submit an entry form. BUT, this should not take too long because there will be no lottery or testing on that day.
- Will there be 2 separate lotteries?
YES – If you come in the morning of Jan 18th (to St. Tarcisius), your name will be part of the lottery for MORNING classes. If you come in the evening of Jan 18th (to Fuller School), your name will be part of the lottery for EVENING classes.
- On January 18th do I need to arrive at the school before 6:30PM (or before 8:45 AM for morning classes)?
NO – You can come any time between 6:30 and 8:30PM (or between 8:45 and 10:00AM for morning classes). ALL the names collected during that time will have an equal chance in the lottery.
- Do I need to watch the live-streamed lottery on January 23rd?
NO – When you come to the school on January 18th, you will submit an entry form with information (phone, email) on how to contact you. If your name is selected in the lottery, the school will contact you.
- If my name is selected in the lottery, what happens next?
You will be asked to come to the school for testing. Then you will be assigned to either a regular English class (6 hours each week) or a volunteer-led, once-a-week prep class (2 hours). If you are placed in a prep class, you are automatically on a priority list for a regular class, and do not need to participate in any more lotteries.
- When are the classes?
Regular morning classes are on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 8:45 to 10:45.
Regular evening classes are on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 9:30.
Prep classes are on one of those mornings, or evenings, each week.
- I can’t come on January 18th. Can I come on the 17th (or some other day)?
NO – Unfortunately, the only day you can come to submit your name for the lottery is on January 18th.