|Don’t Say||Say This|
|I no have time today.||I don’t have time today.|
|I no have his phone number.||I don’t have his phone number.|
|I no have to work tomorrow.||I don’t have to work tomorrow.|
|I no have to work yesterday.||I didn’t have to work yesterday.|
- Never, Never say “I no have“
- For present tense, say “I don’t have…”
- I don’t have any money. I don’t have patience with my kids. I don’t have to go to Boston. I don’t have a headache.
- Here are 25,000 more examples of “I don’t have” in American conversational speech on Youglish.com
- For past tense, say “I didn’t have…”
- I didn’t have school last week. I didn’t have many friends when I was young. I didn’t have electricity in my house until 8:00. I didn’t have to shovel the driveway.
- Here are 5,000 more examples of “I didn’t have”