Never start a regular sentence with “is”. (It’s okay to use “is” to start a question)
Use “it’s” instead.
– Is a nice day.
– Is easy to fix that.
– Is nice to see you.
– It’s a nice day.
– It’s easy to fix that.
– It’s nice to see you.
USA Learns is an excellent and popular website to learn English…
- 100s of free video lessons and 1000s of practice activities
- Inexpensive apps for iPhone/iPad and Android
- Facebook page with daily English tips
- Register with a user name to save your work
Many English learners have trouble pronouncing the TH sounds. Here’s a two-minute video lesson:
Here’s another video with more detail. You can find you own videos by going to YouTube and searching for pronounce TH (or any other sound too, such as pronounce R).
** Try this free Pronunciation App for your phone/tablet: “Pronunciation Power” for Apple or Android
See more pictures and grammar tips each week on our Facebook page.
Duolingo is one of the best ways to teach yourself English – for free. It’s a good place to begin. You can use it on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
To use Duolingo:
- Go to the Duolingo website on your computer – or – download the app to your smartphone/tablet
(Apple app store); (Google Play store)
- Follow the instructions to start a course
- Create a profile (username / password ) so that you can save your work
- If you find it helpful, try to use Duolingo for at least 10 minutes every day