What do lol, idk, ty, and imho mean?
You may see these online or when you are texting someone.
- Acronyms are words made from the first letters of other words. Sometimes acronyms are pronounced as a word. Sometimes you say each letter.
- Abbreviations are short forms of words. They end with a period. You pronounce the original word, like “mister” for Mr.
Here are some popular acronyms and their meanings. They can be written in capital or regular letters.
- LOL — laughing out loud
- IDK — I don’t know
- ty — thank you (also thx)
- imho — in my humble opinion or my opinion is
- btw — by the way
- np — no problem
- ily — I love you (also ilu)
- OMG — oh my God!
— Thanks to Devik for this article —