Is it a new and different job, or a promotion? Good for you!
At the end of the process of searching for a new job, you will probably have an interview with the hiring manager of the company or organization where you would like to work. The interview is a conversation during which you talk about yourself, your skills, knowledge and experience.
Here are a few ideas, or tips, for having a successful interview:
- Be on time—not too early and Not Late.
When you think about the time you will need to get to, and be ready for the interview, remember to include extra time for:
- Unexpected traffic
- Possibility that you will get lost
- Time to find a parking space
- Time to find the building and room where you will interview
- Time to take a deep breath, and relax a little before the interview starts
- Dress appropriately – There is agreement that both men and women should wear a suit.
- Bring a few copies of your resume.
- Don’t talk too much or too little. Write down and rehearse your answers to typical interview questions in advance.
- Thank the interviewer(s) at the end.
There are many YouTube videos with more helpful information about interviews. Here’s one from England (in the video “CV” is the same as resume).
And here are two more:
— Thanks to June for this article —