Framingham Adult ESL will have a limited number of spaces for English classes in the Fall semester.
>> NOTE: Lottery for Framingham and Milford classes has finished. Next lottery will be in January, 2024
You can register for one or more of these 4 lotteries for a space in ESL class:
- Morning class (Tue, Wed, and Thu 8:45-10:45)
- In-person (in Framingham)
- Evening class (Tue and Thu 6:30-9:30)
- In-person (in Framingham)
> To enter a lottery, you must be able to attend all days, arrive to class on time, and live in Massachusetts
More information about the lottery is available now at the school’s website FAESL.ORG – including translations in Portuguese and Spanish
New: You must come in-person to register for the lottery you want to enter, and each registration event will be held separately:
- For Morning In-Person classes: Tuesday morning August 1st from 9 to11
- For Morning Remote classes: Thursday morning August 3rd from 9 to 11
- Morning Registrations are held at 560 Waverly Street, Framingham (BRACE)
- For Evening In-Person classes: Tuesday evening August 1st from 6 to 8
- For Evening Remote classes: Thursday evening August 3rd from 6 to 8
- Evening Registrations are held at 31 Flagg Drive, Framingham (Fuller Middle School)
HiSet (GED) and Citizenship Classes
- HiSet (GED) Classes – on the school website, you can fill out a form, and someone will contact you with more information
- Citizenship Classes – on the school website, you can fill out a form and someone will contact you with more information
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How will I know if I win?
There will be a drawing on Facebook live on Monday, August 7th at 11am.
If your name is selected in any of the lotteries, the school will text or call you soon after the Facebook live drawing.
- Do I need to watch the lottery on Facebook Live on August 7th?
NO – When you enter the lottery online you will include your phone number, and winners will be texted or called.
>> Note: Be careful to make sure that your phone number is correct when you register
- If my name is selected in the lottery, what happens next?
You will be texted/called, asking you to come to the school for testing.
Note: Be sure to bring some identification (ID) to show that you are the person whose name was selected, and that you live in Massachusetts.
After testing, you will be assigned to one of these:
- An English class of the time (AM/PM) and type (online/in-person) based on which lottery you entered and won
- Or – a waiting list
(You get a space in class as soon as possible and do not need to participate in more lotteries)
- When do the classes begin?
- Classes begin in September
- I heard there will also be some In-Person classes in Milford. How can I apply for a Milford class?
Yes! This September there will be a few new beginner classes offered in Milford – on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. There will be an in-person lottery registration in Milford on Thursday evening August 24th.
Here is more information.
NOTE: This is information only. It does not guarantee you a place in class.