After you practice these words with the “flashcards”, Press Choose a Study Mode to test yourself.
To register, come to the Fuller Middle School library – 31 Flagg Drive in Framingham – at 6:30 PM on Tuesday, August 28th
Classes meet every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 6:30 to 9:30 PM
Classes offered by Framingham Adult ESL Plus (508-626-4282)
Note: This is registration for HiSET(GED) classes – NO English classes.
Many English learners have trouble pronouncing the TH sounds. Here’s a two-minute video lesson:
** Try this free Pronunciation App for your phone/tablet: “Pronunciation Power” for Apple
- Go to the Duolingo website on your computer – or – download the app to your smartphone/tablet
(Apple app store); (Google Play store)
- Follow the instructions to start a course
- Create a profile (username / password ) so that you can save your work
- If you find it helpful, try to use Duolingo for at least 10 minutes every day
From the English For Beginners website (with many words changed to American English)
Classic movies, international movies, educational movies (including learning English), and lots of movies for kids too. All you need is a Framingham library card. If you don’t live in Framingham, you can check here if your library also has this service. Or – you can check to see at your own library if they have Kanopy, or other services with movies, such as Hoopla or Overdrive.
Practicing dictation can help improve your:
- English listening skills
- Writing and Punctuation
- Speaking and pronunciation (if you speak the words you hear – out loud – while you’re writing it)
The EnglishClub website has a good collection of dictation exercises, at 3 different levels of difficulty. Here’s an example:
1. Listen to the dictation at normal speed (just listen; don’t try to write it).
2. Listen again at slow speed and try to write/type what your hear (with a smartphone, you need to use paper).
Include capitalization and punctuation.
3. Listen again at slow speed if you need to.
4. Listen at normal speed for a last check.
5. When you’re ready, click/press Show Answer and compare the answer to your writing.
(The mailbox is just behind the big water fountain.)