Here is our latest information on classes, conversation groups, and tutors in MetroWest, and a few places to search for English classes anywhere in Massachusetts (ordered by city/town):
Adi’s Language School (Framingham) – Space Available
BRACE (Framingham) – Space available. Register by Feb. 4th for classes beginning Feb. 11th
Joan Brack Center (SMOC Framingham) – Apply any time at SMOC office. Approximately 6 month wait after you apply.
Keefe Tech (Framingham) – Spring Classes begin in February. Registration opens Jan 14th
LEAP (Framingham) – Registration is currently open.
Studio 3 (Framingham) – Registration open for classes beginning on January 21st
Assabet After Dark (Marlborough) – Registration for Spring classes open now
ProGente Connections (Framingham and Marlborough) – Contact the school to set up a placement test.
Milford Community – Registration is open for winter class. (Class begins Jan. 28th)
Wellesley Library – Limited space is available. Registration is required. Need to live or work in Wellesley.
Conversation Groups – Open availability at area libraries (free)
Tutoring – Available now from some private schools. Or join a waiting list at one of several free programs
- Formal ESL Classes – some are free, some have a cost, where you are registered, and attend classes usually once or twice each week for many weeks.
- Conversation Groups – most are free and informal. They usually meet once a week for a few hours, and you attend when you can.
- Tutors and special instruction – A tutor is a teacher who works with just one student, or maybe two. Working with an English tutor can be a good way to improve your English more quickly, because you get to speak more, and work more on the kind of English help that you need. There are also some private schools that offer help preparing for the citizenship test or green card interview, and special instruction for topics such as business English or accent reduction.
Other Classes (HiSet/GED, Citizenship, Job Training, etc.)
High School Equivalency (HiSet / GED) and Citizenship Prep
Joan Brack Center (SMOC Framingham) – Daytime HSE classes. Sometimes up to 8 week wait after you apply.
Keefe Tech (Framingham) – Registration for next classes begins Jan 14th
Retail Pathways (Framingham) – Registration for job training class is open.
One Family (Framingham) – Next 12-week career counseling program, “Credential to Career” begins the week of June 11th in Framingham
Adult Career Pathways – Quinsigamond CC at Assabet (Marlborough) – Registration is open
- Here is another list of programs in the area from the MetroWest Adult Learning Collaborative that offer ESL, HiSet, citizenship, and other classes helpful for immigrants
- And here is the website of the Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline, where you can search for a variety of classes near you – anywhere in Massachusetts. Or, you can call them: 800-447-8844
- ESL or Literacy programs offered by libraries in Massachusetts
If you know of any updated information, or other classes that should be included here, please let us know.