– My vacation was really funny.
– We did lots of funny things together, like partying and going to the beach.
– My vacation was really fun.
– We did lots of fun things together, like partying and going to the beach.
This is an old expression about the month of March – how the weather is cold and unpleasant at the beginning of the month, and then warmer and more comfortable at the end.
Here’s a children’s story about it:
Try reading it out loud to your child (or just yourself). It’s good practice.
You can also buy the book here, or borrow it from your library.
- In the first picture, the ball is in the box.
- In the second picture, the ball is on the box.
Here’s a silly, short kids’ video that can help you remember which word to use.
And here’s a little lesson on these words – called “prepositions of place”.
You can go to the beginning of the video to hear more information about pronouncing each letter.
After you practice, take this test:
- Think of a question that starts with “How often should …“. For example:
- How often should I wash my car?
- How often should I take a shower?
- How often should my husband help me clean?
- Then, spin the wheel, and see the answer!
The choices on the wheel are called “Adverbs of Frequency“. Here’s a chart (some meanings are approximate).
Cities and towns in Massachusetts will have days – before the November 3rd election day – when you can go to a voting place (or polling place ) and vote early in person. The early voting place may not be the same location as the place where you would vote on November 3rd. For example, early voting in Framingham will only be at City Hall (the Memorial Building, 150 Concord Street)
The early voting days for all cities and towns in Massachusetts has started. They are from now through Friday, October 30th (including Sundays for most towns)
Note that there will not be early voting after October 30th. After that, you need to vote on Tuesday November 3rd at your normal voting (polling) location.
Voting places will have many protections against coronavirus, including:
- Requiring a mask
- Social distancing
- Asking you to stay away if you have a fever or feel sick or have tested positive for Covid
- and more, As an example, here is the information to know about early voting in Framingham. There will be similar information on the website for your city/town