Here is our latest information on classes, conversation groups, and tutors in MetroWest, and a few places to search for English classes anywhere in Massachusetts (ordered by city/town):
BRACE (Framingham) – Registration for fall classes is open.
Framingham Adult ESL – Registration is closed. Next registration event will be in January.
Framingham State University – Next classes start in September. Registration is open.
Joan Brack Center (SMOC Framingham) – Apply any time at SMOC office. Approximately 6 month wait after you apply.
Keefe Tech (Framingham) – Registration for fall classes now open. Classes begin in September.
LEAP (Framingham) – Registration is currently closed.
Studio 3 (Framingham)Fall session begins Oct 23rd. Spaces available, and you can register beginning Oct 2nd.
MassBay (Framingham and Wellesley) – Classes begin in September. Registration open now.
Hudson/Maynard – Next registration for new students on Wed August 23rd 6-8PM at Hudson High School.
Assabet (Marlborough) – Registration for fall classes open now.
ProGente Connections (Framingham and Marlborough) – Registration/testing for fall classes is open now.
Milford Community – Registration for fall class open now.
Wellesley Library – Limited space is available. Registration is required. Need to live or work in Wellesley.
Conversation Groups – Open availability at area libraries (free)
Tutoring – Available now from some private schools. Or join a waiting list at one of several free programs
- Formal ESL Classes – some are free, some have a cost, where you are registered, and attend classes usually once or twice each week for many weeks.
- Conversation Groups – these are free and informal. They usually meet once a week for a few hours, and you attend when you can.
- Tutors and special instruction – A tutor is a teacher who works with just one student, or maybe two. Working with an English tutor can be a good way to improve your English more quickly, because you get to speak more, and work more on the kind of English help that you need. There are also some private schools that offer help preparing for the citizenship test or green card interview, and special instruction for topics such as business English or accent reduction.
Other Classes (HiSet/GED, Citizenship, Job Training, etc.)
High School Equivalency (HiSet / GED)
Framingham Adult ESL – Registration for fall classes is open.
Hudson/Maynard – Next registration for new students on Wed August 30th 6:30 PM at Hudson High School.
Retail Pathways (Framingham) – Registration for fall job training class is open now.
- Here is another list of programs in the area from the MetroWest Adult Learning Collaborative that offer ESL, HiSet, citizenship, and other classes helpful for immigrants
- And here is the website of the Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline, where you can search for a variety of classes near you – anywhere in Massachusetts. Or, you can call them: 800-447-8844
- ESL or Literacy programs offered by libraries in Massachusetts
If you know of any others that should be included here, please let us know.