More pictures like this on English for Beginners
EnglishNumber.com is a very good little website to help you learn and practice… English numbers!
Small numbers, large numbers, and numbers of all kinds – such as the name of years (2018), months, dates, fractions, math equations, decimals, and percentages.
There are listening exercises where you can see if you understand the numbers correctly.
This works best on your computer, but it mostly works on your phone/tablet.
Match the picture with the name of the tool, and find the words in the puzzle…
Answers below: Continue reading
Use this web page to practice saying the letters of the alphabet.
Touch the letter and you will hear it pronounced. Then try to repeat it out loud. When you think you can say the letters, try the Speaking Challenge and the Listening Challenge.
Kahoot is a free app where you try to answer questions about many topics, including English, in a game-style way. You get points for answering a question correctly – and quickly. Let’s try a 5-minute Kahoot especially for beginners on this blog:
- Install the free Kahoot app on your iPhone or iPad, or on your Android phone or tablet
- From your phone/tablet, press on the picture below, or this link
- When you press, it should open the Kahoot app and start the game
You can also open the Kahoot app, press “Enter PIN” and enter this number: 0764667
Soon there will be more articles about how to use the Kahoot app to test, and improve your English.
Lots of free movies will be shown outside this summer all around MetroWest and Greater Boston. Movies usually begin at sundown. If the weather is “iffy”, it’s good to check for cancellations before you go.
Here are some locations with outdoor movie nights this summer:
- Hopedale Movie Night
Hopedale Town Park – Corner of Freedom and Dutcher Streets
- Hopkinton Movies on the Common
Hopkinton Common, 1 Main Street
- Boston – Hatch Shell on the Esplanade – Free Friday Flicks every Friday
Pretty location along the Charles River, big screen, lots of space, lots of people
Movies start around 8; Games before that starting at 6:00
- Wellesley – Summer Films outside at the Davis Museum, Wellesley College
Free museum tours, art activities, free ice cream starting at 7PM
- Boston – Sunday Movies at Christopher Columbus Park
Beautiful park in Boston’s North End along the water
- Boston – Saturday Night Movies at the Prudential Center (at the South Garden)
Children’s activities start at 6PM
- More at Boston Central’s Summer Movie Guide