Framingham Adult ESL will have a limited number of spaces for morning and evening classes for the Fall 2018 semester.
- If you are interested in taking a MORNING English class at Framingham Adult ESL you must come in person to
St. Tarcisius School (BRACE building)
560 Waverly Street, Framingham
Thursday, August 16th, 8:45 – 10:00 AM
- If you are interested in taking an EVENING English class at Framingham Adult ESL you must come in person to
Fuller Middle School Cafeteria
31 Flagg Drive, Framingham
Thursday, August 16th, 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- Come on August 16th to submit an entry card (with your name, address, etc). Everyone who submits a card will have their name included in the lottery.
- The lottery will be on Monday, August 20th. Don’t come to the school on Aug 20th. You can watch the lottery online (Facebook Live) on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- If you are one of the winners of the lottery, you will be asked to come back on a different day for testing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- If I want to participate in the English class lottery, do I have to come to the school?
YES – You must come to the school on Thursday August 16th to submit an entry card. BUT, this should not take too long because there will be no lottery or testing on that day.
- Will there be 2 separate lotteries?
YES – If you come in the morning of Aug 16th (to St. Tarcisius), your name will be part of the lottery for MORNING classes. If you come in the evening of Aug 16th (to Fuller School), your name will be part of the lottery for EVENING classes.
- On August 16th do I need to arrive at the school before 6:30PM (or before 8:45 AM for morning classes)?
NO – You can come any time between 6:30 and 8:00PM (or between 8:45 and 10:00AM for morning classes). ALL the names collected during that time will have an equal chance in the lottery.
- Do I need to watch the lottery (on Facebook Live) on August 20th?
NO – When you come to the school on August 16th, you will submit an entry card with information (phone, email) on how to contact you. If your name is selected in the lottery, the school will contact you.
- If my name is selected in the lottery, what happens next?
You will be asked to come to the school for testing. After testing, you will be assigned to one of these:
- a regular English class (6 hours each week)
- or – a volunteer-led, once-a-week prep class (2 hours)
If you stay in prep class with good attendance, you will automatically be on a priority list for a regular class and will not need to participate in any more lotteries.
- or – a waiting list
(You get a space in class as soon as possible and do not need to participate in more lotteries)
- When are the classes?
- Regular morning classes are on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 8:45 to 10:45
- Regular evening classes are on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 9:30
- Prep classes are on one of those mornings, or evenings, each week
- I can’t come on August 16th. Can I come on the 15th (or some other day)? Or can someone else come to submit an entry card for me?
NO – Unfortunately, the only day you can come to submit your name for the lottery is on August 16th, and you must come in-person.